Saturday 15 May 2010

Makeup Haul...

It's been my last few weeks at University these past few weeks, well for my second year anyways.. So this week, after spending so much time devoted to getting work completed, I thought it was only right to treat myself to some (cosmetic) retail therapy!

Most things are new purchases, apart from the Studio Fix Fluid (obviously...) but I did end up purchasing it in a different colour, that story will unfold in another blog, however lets get on and see what I've been buying!



As you can see, to the left are two of the L'Oréal Studio Secrets primers; I bought the anti-redness (green one) and the anti-dull (pinky toned one) - After using both, my favourite most definitely has to be the anti-redness, it is amazing at covering up any redness you may have due to blemishes or uneven skin tone. The anti-dull primer is also quite good, I've been using this under my eyes to reduce the appearance of dark circles (below my concealer). Thirdly, you can also see the small glass pot which is the L'Oréal Smoothing Resurfacing primer - This product I have to say I am in LOVE with! It is a souffle consistency, but you only need a small amount, it is super smooth and leaves your skin amazingly soft. It can be worn on it's own to give your skin a glowing healthy appearance, or of course, as I have been using it, underneath my MAC SFF. It keeps my foundation on so well and gives it a professional almost airbrushed look. I got all three primers from Superdrug; the Resurfacing primer is £12.99 and the other two are £9.99 each - They currently have them on a fantastic offer though, buy 2 and get the 3rd free :)

I also picked up the GOSH eyeshadow quad, this one is number 22 Driftwood - They're perfect neutral browns for an everyday wear look and was only £8.50 so I can't complain :) I'd also heard quite a bit about the Benefit creaseless cream shadow/liners and so decided to get this one (Birthday Suit) for £14 - I'm yet to try it out so shall get back to you on that one! - If anyone wants any swatches of colours then just let me know!

The Bourjois Highlighting powder I was lucky enough to pick up for just £1.99! - This was from a makeup stall in our local shopping centre, I just thought it would be perfect for summer evenings to brush across my cheek bones, down the bridge of my nose and lightly dusted over my decolletage - Again, I haven't yet tried this so will let you know what I think when it'd been tried and tested. Finally, and yes I realise it's been out for a while and I've been majorly slow on the uptake, I purchased the Maybelline Falsies mascara from ASDA for just £6, so a total bargain! .. I've used this the past few days and found it just amazing for my lashes; separating, lengthening and overall just gives a gorgeous full look - I'll definitely be repurchasing this!

Oooo just realised how long I've let this post get, so sorry for rambling but wanted to share with you what I've been buying :) - Hope you're all well and having a fabulous weekend!

Let me know if you've tried any of the above and what you think of them?

Much loveeee Xxx

2 comments:

  1. I used to love the Benefit cream shadow as a base or just on its own - it's such a lovely natural colour.
    Unfortunately mine dried up but you've reminded me I should definitely repurchase! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to try it out, going out for a few drinks tomorrow night so might try out a smoky eyed look with it :) .. Perfect to go with my new black maxi Xx

    ReplyDelete